Thursday, August 21, 2014

Harlow Wynter-3 Months!




The outtakes

2 to 3 month comparison





Weight: She is growing and growing! We haven’t had her weight checked since her last appointment but last time she was 10 lbs 11 oz. Since that was now a month ago, I am guessing she is around 12 lbs! We really need to get a scale so I can keep closer tabs on this. She now fits in 0-3 month clothes and they seem to be fitting her well! This is good because her clothes in the 0-3 month range are some of my favorites!


-Health:
Besides the little heat rash that seems to pop up every now and then, this girl is as happy and healthy as a clam..(are clams healthy? Who knows)! She is growing so fast. I feel like these last 3 months have just flown by. Her next appointment will be in about a month so we will see how she is progressing!

-Sleep:
Same as before, she just sleeps like a little log! We are still putting her down around 8pm, and then since I have started working we have been waking her up around 8ish to feed and then take her to Tim’s dads house for his Step mum to watch her. She gets really cranky around the time we are supposed to pick her up (5ish)…so that makes it pretty hard because after missing her all day, the last thing I want is for her to be cranky pants when we have her!

Social:
She has been the little social butterfly! As previously mentioned, Harlow had a couple of play dates my last few weeks of maternity leave. It was fun to be able to spend some time with my girlfriends and Harlow got to observe the big kids (and when I say big kids, I mean 1 year olds) play. Tim’s mum also came down from Portland area and watched her for 2 days last week. She took her to her friends house (her friend has a grandson 6 weeks older than Harlow). They had a grand time! They listened to music, played with new toys, and got to spend time with her grandma! She was absolutely ZONKED when she came home! My seester also came down to visit last week and her and her FIANCE (sidenote: SQUEE), watched our little bug for the day! From what I hear, everything went well and they went to the Wednesday market downtown in the strollie and watched Frozen. Apparently, Harlow loved Frozen…(That’s my girl).

Diet:
Same as before! She is now completely on formula. I had her on the sensitive tummies formula since Tim and I are both lactose intolerant. It turned out that it was actually making her constipated! So we switched to a premium formula and she seems to be doing much better! She is still getting around 5 oz, but slowly we are transitioning to 6 oz! She is a healthy eater and eats every 2 hours still like clockwork!

Clothes:
0-3 month clothes are where its at right now! They are fitting really well, which makes me happy since some of my favorite outfits are in this age range! I will be sad when she grows out of them because some of them are so freaking cute!

Baby Gear Love:
We have successfully transitioned out of the Rock and Play! She now sleeps solely in her crib, which is SO nice!! Our friend also gave us a Fisher Price Snug-a-lamb swing that Harlow sits in while we are eating dinner! She has discovered Sophie (her teething giraffe) and although she doesn’t quite grasp it yet and put to her mouth, she is ALMOST there!! She loves to suck on Sophie’s face. She also likes her Bumbo chair. (we will put her in it while we are making dinner, and stuff so she can observe). Her pacis, her Nurooo swaddler, and her activity mat!

Crying:
Same as before, Harlow is SUCH a good baby. She gets cranky every 2 hours or so because she is still eating like clock-work every 2! We have even tried extending it, but once she gets going, there is no stopping this little one! She freaks! We have even tried doing other things to try and extend the time between meals, but this girl likes a bottle every 2 hours! She fusses a little bit when she gets bored- sitting in her swing, or if she gets bored of her mat…but change positions or give her a pacifier and she is good!

-Likes:
3 month old Harlow still loves getting her diaper changed, being woken up in the morning by mom and dad, she loves when her dad rubs her feet on his beard, she is ticklish, she loves her paci, her sound machine, she loves music, and wind chimes, and being outside! She loves going for walks and loves watching the girls move about!

Milestones:
She smiles pretty much all the time now! She giggles when she is tickled and when she sees dad! She follows us around the room and has responded to her name a couple of times!

Postpartum: I have been trying like crazy to get this baby weight off! I am running mostly every day and try to do arm workouts 5 days a week. I have also tried doing belly and thighs workout videos. I haven’t seen a HUGE difference, however I notice that my stamina has increased. I have lost 2 inches off my waist and instead of only being able to run 2 mins, I am now able to run 15 without stopping. I had my fastest mile postpartum yesterday evening, and instead of barely being able to do 1 sit up, I now do over 200. I am feeling confident but of course still stressing about my body. I have to understand that I am only 3 months PP, and it is going to take time. My poor body was stretched to the max, and on top of that, major surgery to boot!

Looking forward to: We found a lady to watch Harlow in Albany: The good news is that she is super sweet and flexible with cost and things. The bad news: it would be 20 mins there, 20 mins back…twice a day. UGH.
However, child care in Corvallis is ridiculously overpriced so that was a huge stressor for us. I am confident that it would be fine, but ideally Corvallis would be a much better location. For now, we are thankful that Tim’s step mum is able to watch Harlow for the month of August. Looking forward to finally having money again ( now that Im off leave). My birthday, which is in 11 days…but who is counting?!? And the holidays coming up with our little bug! Also, excited about seeing her grow over the next few weeks and months, so fun and exciting!

1 comment:

  1. I meant to tell you that I thought you looked even better since I had seen you last! :) keep up the good work; love love love you!

    ReplyDelete