Sunday, June 15, 2014

Our first few days...

Throughout our hospital stay we were so well taken care of by both the hospital staff and by our friends and family. No amount of words of thanks would be enough or sufficient to tell them all how thankful we are for the support and gifts. To all the people who brought us things in the hospital...thank you. Or to the people who took such good care of our girls, the visitors...everything! Ahh I am overwhelmed by the love our family and friends have shown us.
 
 
Since I had a C-Section, we had to stay in the hospital quite a bit longer than if I would have had her vaginally. We went in on a Monday and did not leave the hospital until Friday afternoon. Besides being interrupted to take our vitals, our hospital stay was kind of nice. It was nice to have such big help while we struggled to figure out life with a newborn.
 
One of my struggles was the pain of breastfeeding. The pain of her latching on. I knew it would be uncomfortable..but I did not realize that I would want to scream out in pain. Oh my word. She latched great, that was not the problem. I think I am just very sensitive...and that area especially. Uff Da! So I would feed Harlow, she would be done, the nurse would take her out so we could get some sleep and then literally about 5 minutes later she would return and tell me that Harlow was hungry again. No bitch, she is not hungry. She just wants to use me as a human pacifier, and I am not going to let my poor nips go through that! This went on for a few days until I had a pacifier in my bag, and I gave it to Harlow and Voila!! She was perfectly content! It got to the point where the nurses would see us in the hallway or in our "Purple Crying" class...and be like oh is that Harlow? Room 7? Oh she needs her paci! Yes...yes she does. She has formed quite a friendship with it.
 
Well anyway, those few days that we spent in the hospital....I actually enjoyed. I was content. I didn't do much but sleep, and feed Harlow. It was nice to be able to be with Tim with our new baby and just enjoy each others company.
 
Just a few pics from those first few days...
 
 
Mama Carolyn's First grandbabe

Miss Harlow Wynter
 

Auntie Kristyyyyyyy

A hot mess and her child.

Ohana

Be still my heart!

Yittle toes

My poor chunky monkey and her arm full of IVs :(

At peace with her paci

Possibly milk drunk


I know a good dad when I see one..


1 comment:

  1. Aww I wuv this! Ha, notice how Cory is no where to be found... Scared to hold the beebs! He best get over that real quick.

    ReplyDelete